All individuals interested in caddying at Kemper Lakes must register by contacting Jim Miller, Head Golf Professional or Trevor Wolinsky, Assistant Professional. All caddies must attend orientation and two training sessions.
Orientation Date: TBD
Commitment to Caddying at Kemper Lakes Golf Club
At Kemper Lakes Golf Club a caddie needs to be dependable and committed to his/her caddie employment. A caddie's primary function is to perform a service to the golfing member. The Golf Staff will hire, teach, and employ only reliable candidates. Caddies in all classifications are expected to sign up to caddie a minimum of 2 days per week, including weekends. We understand that other commitments, family vacations, and sports may conflict with caddying duties, so please communicate in advance so we can work with you on your schedule. During your time as a caddie, you will also be expected to be visible to the membership by performing various duties including cleaning clubs at the range even though you may not receive a caddie opportunity, helping our staff set out clubs for member play, and various tasks that will continue to improve our commitment to our members.
Objectives of the Kemper Lakes Caddie Program
- At Kemper Lakes Golf Club, our primary objective is to provide a high-quality caddie service to our membership. In addition to carrying golf bags, caddies perform such duties as tending the pin, raking bunkers, watching golf balls to lead your golfer to their ball, replacing divots, and a variety of other tasks to make each round as enjoyable as possible. More experienced or honor caddies will assist golfers with information on yardage, breakage of the green, and helpful information during play of a particular hole.
- The membership provides a service to caddies as well:
- By employing caddies, members give a summer job to young people.
- Caddies can learn the values of courtesy and sportsmanship at an early age.
- Caddies are provided an opportunity to develop their character
- Caddying provides young people with an opportunity that directly rewards self-motivation, determination, and hard work.
- These and other qualities can help caddies to become candidates for the Evans Scholarship. This is a national scholarship which pays for four full years of college at several major universities around the United States.
All caddies will be required to be always dressed appropriately in the designated caddie uniform during your loop. The Caddie uniform will consist of, Kemper Lakes Caddie Hat (No Exceptions), Official Bib, Shorts, comfortable tennis shoes/spike-less golf shoes, towel and name tag.
The Caddie Master will be the final judgment of appropriate dress code standards.
An "Honor Caddie" is a veteran caddie that has shown leadership, and exceptional service to members and guests. Honor caddies also show exceptional skills in double bagging and fore caddying.
A caddie that has previously been employed at Kemper Lakes Golf Club, another country club or shows a solid understanding for the game of golf and caddying process. "A Caddies" are fundamentally sound on the basics of caddying and have received positive feedback from the membership.
First or second year caddie that is learning and developing the necessary skills to become an efficient caddie. Once a caddie shows a solid foundation for the game and caddying they will be considered for promotion to an "A Caddie"
Forecaddie Rates per Bag
- Honor Caddie $25
- A Caddie $20
- B Caddie $15
Walkingcaddie Rates per Bag
- Honor Caddie $25
- A caddie $20
- B Caddie $15
Tipping is subject to the performance of the caddie. For example, if your caddie does an exceptional job, a tip of $20 per bag is recommended. If taking a forecaddie $10 per bag.
NEW FOR 2023 - ClubUp (Ober for Caddies) https://clubup.com